If you have questions about anything regarding the Librem 5, we would really like to hear from you and there are a couple of recommended ways to contact us and join the fun. We have mailing lists for users and developers as well as Matrix chat rooms where volunteers hang out with people from the Purism team. These places are great locations to introduce yourself and ask questions.
Discuss software development with the team and other community members. Depending on the level of involvement that you’re seeking, you can sign up for any/all of these email lists where you can follow development and ask questions:
- General Librem 5 announcements (low volume, read only)
- For all sorts of development conversations. This list will be very technical in nature so join the fun!
- For general users of the Librem 5 that are not so interested in the nitty gritty technical details.
- All announcements to all community members
For the mailing lists, there is no account setup required. Just subscribe, see a full list here.
Matrix Chat Rooms¶
Join our Matrix chat rooms using your Matrix login:
Librem 5 specific:
- For Librem 5 development chatter
- Librem adaptive application development for PureOS Store or other GNU based OSes
- For Librem 5 development board discussions
- For discussions regarding phosh
- For discussions regarding the libhandy GTK library
- For discussions regarding the chatty messaging application
- For discussions regarding the calls application
Community rooms for non-Librem 5 discussions:
- For discussions around PureOS in general
- For Purist Services
- For questions that are not obviously related to the Librem 5, PureOS, or Purist Services
- For questions regarding HEADS
If you do not already have a Matrix account, please visit Matrix’s website to choose a Matrix client where you can register. Once you have a registered Matrix account, you should log into the default matrix.org server where you can search for our community Matrix rooms on our talk.puri.sm Matrix server.
Example: To find the community/librem-5 room, you should search for #community-librem-5:talk.puri.sm
If you have any issues finding our Matrix rooms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Matrix id and they will make sure you get invited to the rooms (although invitations are not necessary for access).
Once you have access to the Matrix channels, please say “Hi” and introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what areas of development interest you the most so that we can guide you to the right resources for your development.