FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
The FreeType project is a team of volunteers who develop free,
portable and high-quality software solutions for digital typography.
They specifically target embedded systems and focus on providing small,
efficient and ubiquitous products.
The FreeType 2 library is their new software font engine. It has been
designed to provide the following important features:
* A universal and simple API to manage font files
* Support for several font formats through loadable modules
* High-quality anti-aliasing
* High portability & performance
Supported font formats include:
* TrueType files (.ttf) and collections (.ttc)
* Type 1 font files both in ASCII (.pfa) or binary (.pfb) format
* Type 1 Multiple Master fonts. The FreeType 2 API also provides
routines to manage design instances easily
* Type 1 CID-keyed fonts
* OpenType/CFF (.otf) fonts
* CFF/Type 2 fonts
* Adobe CEF fonts (.cef), used to embed fonts in SVG documents with
the Adobe SVG viewer plugin.
* Windows FNT/FON bitmap fonts
This package contains the files needed to run programs that use the
FreeType 2 library.
These files can be downloaded to rebuild the package: